Thursday, September 6, 2007

Teach Your Children Well

Although my husband and I have chosen to remain childless (to the horror of my mother-in-law), his sister has been very accomodating in breeding two lovely children, both boys. My husband is thrilled that the universe has sent him two nephews and he is giddy at the idea of having a small child to teach to fish, fart, burp, swear and with whom to build a flame thrower. The following is a recent conversation I had with my husband over messenger. 

I say: is your avatar smitty fire bombing his backyard?  
he says: no, it's what harry and I are going to make when he is five. It's a pvc flamethrower  I say: great, make sure you point it toward the backyard  
he says: mirror.linnwood.org/flamethrower, how awesome is that? I mean come on a flame thrower!!!!  
I say: i can see you are busy.  
he says: I have had that link for a long time, like 2-3 weeks.  
I say: sweet, he's 3. barely  
he says: 2 more years, then we party  
I say: yes, that is a much more appropriate age, 5  
he says: but it leaves me 2 years to gather materials; we will start with the non violent spud gun, then move on to the more lethal multi chambered spud gun, then finally the big old flame thrower  
I say: well at least you've thought this out.

No comments: