Saturday, January 30, 2010

Christmas is Canceled

I hate buying new phones almost as much as cars. It pisses me off when I have to sign my life away for 2 years just to talk to my mother once a week. 

I'm not a phone talker and will most likely send you to voice mail hoping you'll leave me a message with whatever it is you want. But I do need a phone for text, email, calendar and especially the camera for inappropriate photos of the people around me.

So it pains me that my faithful little crackberry, which I love, is dying a slow death helped along by all the times I've dropped it over the last 1.5 years. Its side is cracked, it freezes up if I'm chatting with more than two people at a time, and it has started to obsessively synch up my calendar. 

My hubby has been encouraging me to upgrade to an iPhone, but I just can't see the point....my phone still works it's just slower and has a few cracks, and I'm only 1.5 years into my 2 year contract with satan which means I'm not yet eligible for an inexpensive new phone.

And then last week my crackberry sent me an email that said "Christmas was canceled."

So I guess that's it, I need a new phone, preferrably one that hasn't made its own deal with satan.

3 comments:

caseyoconnell said...

I am EXACTLY the same way about using the phone. If I can't do face-to-face, please contact me via text or e-mail. I've become phobic about talking on the phone.

tallulah said...

I'm glad they canceled christmas. I loathe it so much that our dead tree is still sitting in our living room.

Jodi said...

I REALLY wish you had told me Christmas was cancelled BEFORE I did all that shopping.

T, you've GOT to be shitting me.